2.02.2010

Oh what a beautiful morning

I have good news to report.

I stepped on the scale this morning to see that I have lost three pounds since I began running. That's not much of a change, but it's enough to put me in the "healthy weight" category, based on my Body Mass Index. (If you're interested in figuring out your BMI, there are several calculators. Just Google "BMI calculator.")

This is the first time in my adult life to be in that category. I am thrilled. (I have also noticed some once-tight clothes fitting a little better.)

I made up for my lazy snowed-in weekend with a six-mile jog down Riverside last night. I ran by myself.

I had no idea what a difference running with a group makes! Six miles on my own felt like such work. I had to keep motivating myself, telling myself I was close and doing well.

I'm too proud to even consider giving up when I'm running with the group. I couldn't let them leave me behind.

So, thanks, my fellow Halfsquatches, for making this doable. See you Saturday (if not before then).

No comments:

Post a Comment