2.22.2010

Double digits

Why, oh why, must the Creek Turnpike trail be so hilly?

Five miles along there Saturday morning was hard work. Thankfully, five miles was only half the run.

The other five took us on a nice, flat jaunt through Jenks. It rained a bit, but the weather was undoubtedly the best it's been for a training run so far.

Within two hours, my group and I finished our 10 miles -- the longest run many of us, including myself, have done to date.

I ate a laffy taffy at the half-way point. It's not the sports-electrolyte snack of champions, but the pure sugar definitely helped boost my energy.

Last week was the poker run. I'm embarrassed to admit that I couldn't finish the five miles. I had done a seven-mile run the night before, and I don't think I had enough water to hydrate afterward. The consumption of a few adult beverages later in the evening probably didn't help either. I had to turn around before the two-mile mark. :(

You live; you learn, I guess.

My upcoming Saturday runs look like this, in terms of miles:
7, 11, 8, 12, 8, 13, 12, 6, HALF MARATHON

It's getting closer. I'm getting excited.

1 comment:

  1. The Creek Turnpike must be hilly to make you strong. You will be thankful for it when you run your half marathon. Congratulations on your longest run. It is always good to hit a milestone, especially when it is difficult to reach. This Saturday's run will be much flatter and shorter.

    ReplyDelete