2.11.2010

Good week for running

I am surprised to say this, but ... nine miles wasn't so bad.

In fact, I wanted to keep going. And I'm bummed that this Saturday's run is only five miles. (It's the POKER run. You get a playing card at each mile marker. Then you get to make a hand at the end and play. You should come out. $5 donation. Meet at Veteran's Park.)

This running thing really is addicting.

I did four miles last night and the night before. I downloaded some more songs from iTunes, so my playlist is pretty good.

I'm feeling confident about my ability to finish a half marathon. And I can already tell that I'm going to keep training after April. I might give a full marathon a try. (I can't believe I just said that.)

3 comments:

  1. Let me tell you that I really admire you, because I have always wanted to be a runner and I have never been able to run, it is extremely tough to do it, so if you have been able to reach that goal, congratulations, you must know I admire you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Running is so contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redden, I love it that you're addicted to running! That's awesome you wanted to keep going after 9 miles...that's a long run. Isn't it a great feeling when you are confident about reaching your goal? I got that feeling today after completing my 16 mile training run in 30 degree weather, with strong winds and snow. It was tough, but I felt awesome when it was over. We are going to rock the OKC 1/2 and full marathons!

    ReplyDelete