12.28.2009

Getting to know me

Name
Jenny Marie Redden

Age
24



I achieved my life goal at 21. I desperately wanted to be hypnotized at one of those comedy events. It totally worked.

Highlights included me singing in another language, doing the “g’on, brush yo’ shoulda off” dance and insulting an ex-boyfriend (sorry for that!).

I also said I don’t really like dogs, which is particularly interesting considering that I’m a vegetarian because I feel guilty eating animals.

I’ve been one since I was 12 but have considered going back to the carnivore side. I even tasted meat at Christmas dinner.

I compulsively count calories. Because of this, I hate restaurants that don’t provide nutritional information on their Web sites (or better yet, on the menu!).

I sometimes chew so much gum that my jaws are sore the next day.

I talk to strangers. Everywhere: The bar, the gas station, the supermarket. Social interaction is critical to my happiness.

I laugh out loud. All the time. Again, critical to the happiness.

I often consider graduation from college (go Pokes!) my greatest regret in life. Those were the best four years of my life. If only I could go back…

It wouldn’t be the same.

I am not a speller, but I love grammar and appreciate those who follow the rules thereof.

Except the rule requiring all sentences to have a subject and a verb. I much prefer fragments. My favorite is using periods for emphasis.

I. Love. Inappropriateness.

That’s true, in addition to being an example of its preceding paragraph.

Since January 2007, I have lost 35 pounds. I'm still two pounds above my "healthy weight," according to an online Body Mass Index calculator.

I hope half marathon training gets me to a weight that pleases the BMI gods.

My mom got me a T-shirt for Christmas that says "Easily distracted by shiny objects." My mom knows me well.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to brag about your wicked awesome winking skills. :)

    ReplyDelete