12.28.2009

The details

To get ready for my half marathon, I will be training with RunnersWorld Tulsa.

The store, at 43rd and Peoria in Tulsa, and its training program have helped a lot of Tulsans get ready for long-distance runs. I'm optimistic, even if this goal still seems pretty far fetched.

I will run with the group three days a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings.

I am supposed to run on my own on Mondays and cross train two other days a week.

According to my training schedule, I'll be running six miles at a time by Jan. 9. Gulp. (The farthest I have ever gone is five miles.)

I wonder if there's a magic diet to go along with this workout regiment.

I guess I'll find out Jan. 4 during the "informational meeting."

As you might expect, I'm excited and nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment