4.11.2010

Mission accomplished

Yesterday, I did it. I ran 13.1 miles, the distance of a half-marathon. It took 2 hours and 45 minutes.

It was our last long training run before the race, April 25. Run leaders told us to treat this run as a "dress rehearsal" for race day. I certainly did.

I spent all of Friday hydrating. Powerade and Water all day. I had plenty of carbs Friday evening, as well. For breakfast, I had a PB&J sandwich (my favorite!). On the trail, I ate a Snickers Marathon Bar. It was good. Chocolatey. :) I think that's what I'll bring with me for the race.

My group and I stopped for two bathroom breaks. I'm hoping I won't need those stops on race day. Other than that, I hope the memorial run goes just like yesterday.

Today, my legs are sore. Walking is OK, but climbing stairs is a killer. I can't imagine trying to run today, but I do plan to hit the gym for some abs and arms.

Next Saturday is an easy six miles so we can rest up for race day the following weekend.

I can't believe how close I am to the end. I've come a long way.

1 comment:

  1. Here's wishing you luck next Sunday - always good to remember. I'm a former Oklahoman someday seeking to return.

    ReplyDelete